Life is hard at times. But when I overcome more challenges, I became much stronger then. So I’m going to embrace them.
A) Do something crazy. New adventures.
- Spontaneity being spice of life. Being pushed out of comfort zone is liberating with epiphanies struck. A crazy act will deliver greater impact than being safe in life choice/deliberation.
Discomfort is very much part of my master plan.
B) Find passion and/or inner driving force.
- This will provide motivation to self-start as well as greater ammunition to overcome obstacles whenever stumped. Persistency to keep going and re-trying instead of giving up at slightest possibility of failure/rejection.
C) Lifelong Learning Quest (“To earn more, you must learn more.”)
- Invest in education and skill sets development to keep competitive and to continue value-add myself.
If you want to increase your level of income and achieve the best life for yourself, you must increase your level of intellectual capital and thereby the value of the knowledge component of what you are doing.
D) Contacts. To ask for help when needed.
- To move forward and get the best of life is to broaden network of contacts. Network continually, at every opportunity.
- Support network to tap on others’ strength and expertise for resolution. Avoid burnout and unnecessary hardship by struggling to resolve each and every life issue on your own and to no avail.
The possibility of the best life for you is determined by the number of people who know you and who like you and who are willing to help you.
E) Positive Mental Attitude.
- Create positive self-talk and inner dialogue.
We create who we become with our thoughts and through our actions.
Confidence comes always not from being right but not fearing to be wrong.
- Keep moving forward and never look back!
If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run then walk. If you can’t walk then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.
F) Listen more and ask even more.
- To learn to challenge status quo. To learn to question and not accept everything at face value. To learn to be proactive instead of reactive in life.
- To be less fearful of taking risks.
#Emotional Intelligence: Crucial link to success and effectiveness in life.
- High EIQ – regulate your emotions well; handle uncertainties and difficulties without excessive panic, stress, and fear; and avoid overreacting to situations before knowing the full details.
- Low EIQ – be oversensitive to other people’s feelings in response to you, obsess about problems until you find a concrete solution, and frequently feel a tsunami of emotions that you can’t attribute to a specific life event. Or in other words, you may feel bad far more often than you feel good.
Correcting usual proactive reaction:
- Don’t Jump! Reserve all judgement – Pinpoint and troubleshoot the cause and effect.
- Reframe a situation. Sit with negative feelings – Learn not to act on pain/anger but to diffuse it by channelling the energies into healthy, productive outlets.
- Create situations for positive feelings – Take responsibility to create my inner world so as not to allow outside world to dictate how I feel.
#Confidence: Key to growth and success.
INACTION BREEDS DOUBT & FEAR WHILE ACTION BREEDS CONFIDENCE AND COURAGE.
- Be own advocate of my own belief & value system.
- Develop own voice to assert personal stance and opinion.
- Self-care & personal grooming. (Act & Dress the part!)
- Eradicate negative self-thinking to keep insecurities, fears and uncertainties at bay.
- Think & Act positive. (Put positive energy into action and results will follow.)
- Increase competence (E.g. Empower myself through education, skillsets development etc)
- Be comfortable with fears.
- Be prepared. (Prior planning prevents poor performance. Preparation will avoid trauma of life’s unexpected glitches. Break complex tasks into small, bite-size, manageable jobs.)
- Being confident is an on-going process. (Keep playing to the best of your ability!)
- Try a new path. (The well trodden paths of your life will breed familarity and turned into apathy & disconnection.)
Whether You Think You Can, Or You Think You Can’t– You’re Right.
Facing your fears, and delving into your insecurities, distorted beliefs and unhappiness provides the opportunity to be free from emotional dependence on another person.
# Confidence (Own ability, potential and voice): Key to growth and success.
- Be own advocate of belief and value system.
- Develop own voice to assert my own opinions and stance.
- Eradicate negative self-thinking. Boost with positive inner voice & thoughts
- Engage good eye-contact.
IF I THINK BACK, I GET DEPRESSED. IF I THINK AHEAD, I GET AFRAID.
This sums up my predicament.
Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable.
This will be another new lesson plan in place. EMBRACE THE SUCK!
- Start! (The battle is half won if you just show up)
- Don’t quit. (“What is driving you?”)
- Push yourself past comfort zone. (Fake it till you make it. Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will.)
- Embrace “the suck”. (The “suck’ is here to make you tougher. Instead of complaining, celebrate the blessing that is the suck.)
- Be around like-minded people. (Create a support network.)
- Recognize your improvements. (Build your confidence by going back to what was uncomfortable and to go through the experience again.)
- Rinse. Repeat. (The more you perform the same activity, the more confident you become.)
Ajahn Brahm‘s gems of wisdom:
COMPLAINING IS FINDING FAULTS. WISDOM IS FINDING SOLUTIONS.
Stoicism – To expand comfort zone and increase tolerance level of discomfort… So as to celebrate contentment and peace that is free from desires.
LIFE IS WHAT’S HAPPENING WHILE YOU ARE WORRYING.
Understand the place of love in a spiritual life. A powerful and blissful type of love has no conditions, no ownership and no people involved. Be free from fear. Be who you are. That is love.
Anne’s next goal setting:
To set personal stretch goals- Master my fear of discomfort and I will master the Universe!
- Value-Adding to my personal Self! (Overcome inertia and fear of technology/societal change.)
- Pursue new opportunities that make you feel uneasy. (Learn to push through and stay focused on getting the job done.)
- Develop greater (full) potential – Constantly find new ways to expand and grow (Innovative thinking is key to success.)
- Make conquering challenges a common practice! (Embed into DNA!)
- Develop higher EIQ! (Instead of being proactive and making choices for my happiness, I react to things that happen in my life, and fight or flee to minimize my pain.)